So for today’s post, I thought I would tell you 10 facts about myself in hopes you’ll understand me, and this blog a little more…
- I’m a major history buff. I find learning about the past fascinating, anything from Greek Mythology, Tudor History, and American History. I like understanding how things used to be, and how different things are today.
- I studied American Studies at Swansea University. Between September 2013 – June 2017, I studied an array of topics covering American History, Politics, Film and Literature. I graduated with a 2:1 BA, which I am extremely proud of.
- I spent a year studying in America. As noted above, I studied American Studies, and I was lucky enough to be able to spend one year of my degree at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. This year was one of the best years of my life. I got to make so many amazing new friends, and see so many amazing new sights.
- I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd. It’s no surprise that a 22 year old English girl like myself is a huge fan of one of the greatest literary works of my generation is it now?! From the books to the films, I take pride in knowing all the characters and their secrets.
- I love to travel. Whether that be abroad or in my own country, travelling is one of my passions. I love to experience new places, people, and cuisines. I have travelled to Europe, America, Canada, and South Africa, and I hope to expand my horizons in the future.
- I love film. Whether it’s a cosy night in front of the fire watching an old movie, chilling in bed with Netflix, or going to the Cinema to see the latest releases. I love the power films can bring, and the messages they send to people around the world. And of course, who doesn’t love to see the handsomeness of Tom Hardy on their screen, am I right?!
- I’ve worked at an American Summer Camp. I spent my summer in 2014 working at a co-ed summer camp in New Hampshire, USA, and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life. It’s crazy just how much spending so much time and energy with amazing people, from the Counsellors to the Campers, could have such an impact but it really did. So much so, that I went back the following year, and would have done the same year after year had other things not come up. However, it is safe to say that I shall definitely be doing it again!
- I love love love Motown music. I remember when my dad introduced me to the likes of The Four Tops, and Stevie Wonder, and I immediately fell in love with not only their music but the stories behind it. I was lucky enough this past summer to see the musical on the West End, and it was incredible, from the story of Motown to its hits, I could listen to it for the rest of my life.
- I LOVE dogs. I mean how can you not?! I was fortunate to grow up with a dog as a kid, however, once he passed away, we did not have another dog in the family until we rescued our Jack Russell, Louie in December 2012, and my brother bought a French Bulldog, Brody, in October 2014. I am sorry to say that Louie passed away in November 2017, but I know he is in a much better place. It’s crazy how animals can give you so much joy and happiness, but I completely feel that when I am around dogs.
- I have NO IDEA what I am going to do for the rest of my life. I know I’m not the only one in this position, but ever since finishing University I’ve been so lost, and I have no idea where to begin looking to find a career for myself. That’s partly why I started this blog, not only for a hobby to fill the spare time I have at the moment and trust me I have lots of it but maybe to hopefully shed some light on other things I enjoy and would enjoy making a career out of for myself.
I hope you all enjoyed learning a little more about me, and I hope you continue to come back in the future 🙂